The aim of the Workshop on Liquid Crystals for Photonics is to bring together a forum of world first class scientists, in particular physicists, chemists and engineers, involved in photonic applications of liquid crystals. The workshop will combine invited talks, contributed talks and poster presentations to encompass the state of the art in photonics using liquid crystals and composite materials.
The 6th Workshop on Liquid Crystals for Photonics will take place from 14th – 16th September 2016 in Ljubljana, Slovenia at the Jozef Stefan Institute. The workshop is co-organized by the Jozef Stefan Institute and the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics of the University of Ljubljana, by the Group for Physics of Soft and Partially Ordered Matter.
Main topics of the workshop include:
- Nanostructured liquid crystalline metamaterials
- Modelling and numerical simulation techniques of LC photonic devices
- Liquid crystal lasers
- Linear and nonlinear propagation phenomena in liquid crystals
- Holography and 3D image systems
- Novel self-organized composite liquid crystal materials
- Modulated liquid crystal structures
- Design of modulated surfaces including photoalignment and photopatterning
- LC-related biophotonics
- Light manipulation for integrated optics
- Optical trapping and manipulation with light
Previous editions of WLCP were successfully held in: